- The Bishop’s Heir by Katherine Kurtz (fantasy) audio
- The King’s Justice by Katherine Kurtz (fantasy) audio
- Camber of Culdi by Katherine Kurtz (fantasy)
- The Quest for Saint Camber by Katherine Kurtz (fantasy) audio
- Saint Camber by Katherine Kurtz (fantasy)
- The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner (children’s)
- Camber the Heretic by Katherine Kurtz (fantasy)
As I mentioned in the last post, Katherine Kurtz’s Deryni books have been released in audio, so I have had the chance to casually re-read them, which then got me interested in re-reading the chronologically earlier novels (which aren’t yet in audio). So, at one point in time I was physically reading one series and listening to another; sounds more confusing than it actually was. I did notice some interesting clues between the various series and definitely noticed a difference in style and maturity of writing.
In amongst the books, I re-read The Boxcar Children which I remember fondly from my younger days. I remember being so fascinated by how the orphaned children were so self-sufficient and clever. I also recall being happily warmed by the discovery that Grandfather was just the type of parent the children were looking for. Not surprisingly, the book lost some of its allure and (what I remember it to have) depth. Frankly, the book was short, but it was nostalgic.